Devon B&B, bed and breakfast for - Exmoor - Bampton - Dulverton - Tiverton
Top 10 things to do when staying at Newhouse Farm
- Take a walk.....to the top of Dunkery Beacon on a clear day, admire the panoramic view stretching from Dartmoor to the Welsh Coast. Walk the cliffs and coastal paths, moorland trails, waterside walks.
- Visit a garden. RHS Rosemoor and many private gardens for you to explore.
- Drive across Exmoor. Never crowded, the roads wind and twist to reveal spectacular views. Take the B3223, Simonsbath to Lynton with lots of stopping places to admire the view, and pick whortleberries in season.
- Sit in the garden and listen to the birds, over 60 species spotted so far. Can you add more?
- Go shopping....for local foods, wines, cider, craft, antiques, country clothing.
- Visit a National Trust house....Knightshayes Court, Killerton, Arlington, Dunster Castle, A la Ronde, Castle Drogo and more.
- Explore the Exe estuary....park at Topsham(shops, pubs and antiques)and walk along the estuary path to Exton(posh pub) Lympstone(shops and pubs)and Exmouth(seaside town). Admire the views across the water to Starcross and Powderham. Walk as far as you want, then get back by train.
- Admire the stars. On a clear night, sit in the garden and wonder at the millions of stars. Exmoor's International Dark Sky Reserve is the first in Europe.
- Watch the sun go down. Head west for the sun setting into the sea. Enjoy a real sun-downer at Saunton Sands beach cafe.
- Treat yourself to a Devon cream tea. Delicious!